Saturday, September 4, 2010

Duane

Duane had 2 Dr. apts yesterday. He went to the eye Dr. and they said he is extremely near eye sighted. Micheal picked out glasses that look like goggles because he thinks they will be more durable. If he has to wear his goggles all the time to see far away how will he still see up close? He won't have the ability to take them off to see things up close. I hope they don't look too dorky. :-) He also went to the ENT and he needs surgery to have his nose reset. I don't know how they will keep him from re breaking it before it is even healed. Do they have some kind of a nose guard to protect it? He has a deviated septum and can't breathe out of the left side of his nose at all. It is totally blocked and Dana thinks that may be why he has been hyper ventilating all these years. The Dr. said that it can give you really bad headaches. If he stops hyper ventilating and holding his breath until he passes out and then hits himself I am going to make a complaint on his old Dr. She refused to give him anything for pain because how do I know he had a headache? Just because he can't tell people he has a headache doesn't mean he doesn't have one.. I have been telling his Drs. for years that I thought he had a headache. First it was his medicine and now this. I can't even imagine how much pain he has been in all these years. Poor little guy! I can't believe everything he has been through. He is such a trooper. No wonder he was banging his head into walls. Dana thinks he is a nose breather (I really never noticed) I would just assume that if you can't breathe through your nose you would automatically breathe through your mouth. Try plugging the left side of your nose and don't breathe out of your mouth. I could only do it about one minute and felt like I was suffocating. I hope he gets it fixed soon but my back Dr. said that since I had Medicaid they had to book my apt 6 months out and it took six months to get into the dental surgeon. He does have medicare also so hopefully that will help speed it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment