Monday, September 13, 2010

update on visit with Duane

Duane did much better the rest of the day.  I could hear him laughing out in the kitchen with Todd.  He kept coming in to see me or at least to watch my ceiling fan, but at least I got to talk to him. :-)  I even got him to laugh a couple of times when I told him I could hear him laughing and having fun with Todd.  He sure does love his brother.  He even laid down next to me and let me scratch his head.  He loves to be scratched on his back, arms, legs, or head, but that is the only thing I could do without hurting me too much.  Actually he likes more of just a really light touch on his arms and legs.  It ended up being a great day.  Steve even said Duane was really good the rest of the day and if I want to do it again in about 3 weeks he MIGHT be up for it.  Steve doesn't like to commit to anything.  Even when he is saying yes he says there is about a 95%  of him doing it even if it is the night before.  Sometimes that is really maddening because it really leaves me hung up o holidays if he decides to go to see his family in another city.  Then he is out having fun and I am alone.  He just doesn't get that holidays are really important to me and that I have no one else in my life to spend time with.  Todd doesn't celebrate them at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment