Friday, September 17, 2010

Asian beef kabobs


I had some Asian beef kabobs in the freezer that I got from the food bank so I had my homemaking aid cook that up for my dinner but the meat was so tough I couldn't even bite into it.  I think she may have over cooked it because SHE likes her meat very well done.  She told me the meat was really tender and I asked her if she had tasted it and she said no.  How would she know if it was tender or not?  Anyway I had her take them off the sticks and put the meat in one c of water in the digital PC for  15 min. and it automatically goes to warm for the rest of the day.  The meat was still tough and dry with no flavor, but at least it was edible now so we added some cauliflower & broccoli mix, some baby carrots and  terryaki sauce and called it done.  Actually other than over cooked dry beef  it was pretty good served it over rice. It was not as good as my favorite Chinese restaurant but who can afford eating out all the time?  I could eat Chinese or Mexican food almost every day!   What was you frugal meal today?

No comments:

Post a Comment