Sunday, September 12, 2010

I got to see my son today

We went and picked up my son from his host home and we are to have him for 4 hours.  We took him out for lunch but had to end up bringing his food home. He kept banging his head on the wall and screaming out.  I don't know if there was some kind of noise he tuned into that we didn't notice or what but he kept hitting his nose and and his hand on the table and wall.  He even hit me about 6 times and then my friend came and moved him away from me.  My friend is so sweet he has been so protective of me the last 3 years since I had my last back surgery and ended up in the wheelchair.  Duane (my son) is better now that we got home.  He even laughed a few times when his brother tickled him. He is non verbal so he acts out when he is hurting.  Thank God they had given him a Vicodin BEFORE we picked him up.  I think it finally starting to kick in. Right now we are still on pins and needles to see if he is going to get better..  He is trying to be happy , he makes some happy noises and then he cries out and hits himself or bangs his head on the wall and he keeps hyperventilating and almost passes out.  Well mystery solved Duane has some really bad gas so he is probably having gas pains.  Steve thought for sure he had done something in his pants but it was just gas but Steve brought him in to me to check him. :-)   As far as I know he takes himself to the bathroom every time he has to go potty,  he just has to be supervised and wiped if needed.  He is doing VERY WELL with potty training.  I'm so proud of him. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment