Sunday, November 28, 2010

.My Blog

I feel like I am only talking to myself so it seems more like a journal than a blog.  I was really hoping to meet some new people but it isn't happening.


What is your favorite Christmas cookie?  Mine is Italian wedding cookies I think we called them snowball cookies when I was young.  I think I could eat a whole pan full all by myself.  They are the round ones with a strong butter flavor, nuts and then rolled in powdered sugar.  YUM!


What are some of your favorite Christmas memories?  I remember my brother and I pulling peppermint taffy.  That was a lot harder than  it looks, but it  was always fun .  I couldn't wait for a big snowfall so we could make snow cream.  It was kind of like ice cream but so much fun to collect the clean fresh snow and getting to eat a yummy dessert just a few minutes later.  My mom and I also always made spritz cookies and sugar cookies. Mom always made divinity, I think that is almost a thing of the past.  Of course decorating the tree probably topped the list.  My best memories were about doing things as a family or with my mom not about shopping or what I got for Christmas.


HO HO HO Merry Christmas until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment