Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Duane's surgery

Duane did well during the surgery but it was a lot longer than expected.  (4 hrs instead of 1-2)  There was lot of calcification since his nose had been broken so long ago.  I think he has broken it more than once.  I asked the Drs. about it before but he said it probably wouldn't do any good because we wouldn't be able to keep him from hitting it while healing, Or just breaking it again another time.  The Dr. today said  we should know in about 2 weeks (when all the swelling goes down?) if it helps him breathe right which is almost a positive, but we should also be able to see if he quits saying his left ear hurts.
I had a blessing last night and my horrible toothache got better almost instantly and I got a clam peaceful feeling about not going to be with Duane at the hospital.  I would have been in tears I would have been in so much pain being up for 6 hours or more.  I would have had Charlie Horses in my legs one after another.  I hope that goes away after my surgery, when ever that will be.Darlene in Co

No comments:

Post a Comment