Saturday, November 27, 2010

New Dr

The new Dr was an hour late but I didn't mind , it was much better waiting an hour in bed than an hour in a waiting room with sick people all around me.  He did more of an exam on me than than my other Dr. did the whole time I saw him.  He asked me if I had any hernias and I told him I don't know but I do know that I have this one spot that hurts when touched and really bad at other times usually right after I eat.  He came over to me and touched it and said it could either be my galbladder or pancreas and he wants to keep a close eye on it.  My other Dr. really never even touched me to see f it was a hernia or anything.  He didn't charge me for this visit and is coming back Monday even though he knows my insurance won't kick in until Dec. 1st so that won't be a paid visit either.  He can treat all the normal things like fever, flu, ear infections and sprains.  He can even put stitches in if necessary.  He will see you at home at a hotel at work where ever you are he will come to you.  He is much lower cost for people that don't have ins. $85 for the visit and of course lab test are extra he even says they do xrays but I imagine I would have to go on  site for that.  I suppose I could go where ever I want that is closer to my house but I'm not sure.  My nurse wants to start seeing him for her whole family because she doesn't have insurance and he is so much cheaper and a lot more convient than taking her kids 30 miles away to children's hospital.  She is also my sons host home mom.  We really love the Dr. he has but I think she is going to want to change just for the convience.  


It is a beautiful 49° here in beautiful Broomfield, Co I sure wish I could sit out in a chair without pain.  A town near by is having a 3 day winter fest with hundreds of  trees and even fire works one night I wish I could find someone to drive me to look at the lights,  I love another area that the whole subdivision decorates except for a very few that may not for religious reasons.  It looks like a complete fairly tale wonderland.  It is the prettiest thing I have ever seen in my 59 years of life so it much be pretty good cause I've seen a lot of things in my life. LOL  I still haven't thought of a thing I would like to send to my boys in AK if I do end up getting money.  I hope everyone is not stressing out as much as I am about Christmas,  I wish I could just go shopping and get a few things for all the people I love and care about and really enjoy to spirit of  Christmas.  I have a tiny tree for my bedroom and a bigger tree out in my shed but I can't find anywhere to put it up.  I also have a beautiful collection of a lighted Chrismas village that belonged to my mother.  I would LOVE to set it up but there is nowhere to put that either!  My mobile home is just too small :-(  .  I am broken hearted that when I moved someone wither donated, threw out or helped themselves to an old beat up amunition box that was filled with my mothers tree ornaments  some of them were extra special to me because they were bought the year I was born.  I even had a couple that belonged to my mom's mother that died when my mom was 8 years old, but I will always have my memories.  I just wish I had taken pictures of ornament that was special to me.  Some were bought and engraved with the name and year on it ea year I had a child.  I could sure use some ideas of something I could give to all my dear special friends that will cost me very little.  I'm thinking Russian tea mix in a baggie.  I used to give it with a holiday mug from the $ store for ea member of the family but I can't even afford to do that this year.  It is really hard to loose a little over  $1000 a mo and still get by.


Hope everyone is having a beautiful day.  It is a perfect day for holiday decorating outside here.  I don't have outside lights or anyone to put them up for me.  (but I still have my dreams and memories)


Love Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment